Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte completes six months in charge on Friday, with the rising death toll from his war on drugs showing no sign of easing.
More than 6,000 people have been killed in the anti-narcotics drive since he took power, about a third in police operations with the rest still being investigated. Many are believed to be vigilante murders, which Duterte has refused to condemn.
The former crime-busting mayor of the southern city of Davao had said that the war on drugs would be over within six months but has since pushed back the deadline. Last month he said that he will continue "until the last pusher drops dead".
His hardline measures have been criticised by many, including the United States and the United Nations, but Duterte retains a "very good" opinion poll rating at home, the Philippine Social Weather Stations survey group said this month.
On the streets of Manila, residents from a variety of professions gave their thoughts.
Cristine Angelie Garcia, 24, call centre agent (above), said: "Maybe there is another way where people do not need to die," she said, adding she felt safer walking the streets at night.
"I'm on Duterte's side. Maybe he's just misunderstood because he grew up on the streets."